Dopo i Minor Update che ha ricevuto nei giorni scorsi l’N900, oggi è disponibile un altro aggiornamento per Maemo che si può definire Major Update, a giudicare dal numero di bug fixati e dalle nuove feature che verranno implementate. Questo aggiornamento pesa circa 90 Mb (89,5 per essere precisi).
Ecco il changelog (v.2.2009.51-1 – Maemo 5 PR1.1):
- Hutchison SIM cards are supported.
- MS Exchange 2003 support.
- New wappushd-dev package documenting MMS interfaces available.
- Bootloader (Nolo) can be updated over Maemo Update.
- Cellular software can be updated over Maemo Update.
- Icon cache removed to allow more memory space for Maemo Update.
- Application Manager: Available space check moved to apt-worker for more accurate results.
- Improvements in SGX performance and reliability.
Use-time and power consumption
- API for status area applets to detect if they are invisible/absent.
- Fixes to Pulseaudio timer increasing power saving when starting/closing apps.
- Browser: Removed unnecessary serial logging.
- Reduction of wake-ups in Desktop, Connectivity, Conversations, RSS Feed Reader,
- Backup handles correctly directories containing pairs of symlinks.
- Less CPU load caused during video recording.
- Support disabling Virtual Keyboard in input field.
- Performance improvements in Browser.
- Lock: “swipe to unlock” will not stay on.
- CPU idle latencies and thresholds updated.
- Fixing eMMC data lines while sleeping.
- CellMO power consumption reduced.
- Volume button operation in call flipped based on audio routing (no more on screen orientation).
- Browser: Downloading & rendering of page content runs promptly.
- Helping to avoid capacity limits of rootfs when installing apps (make Docpurge aware of /opt).
- Stability and usability fixes to the Profiles applet. Selection, usage and restoring of ringtones.
- Fast call from home shortcuts.
- Fast SMS rejection of incoming call.
- Avoid false alarms in pocket.
- Silence ringing by flipping face down.
- Fix to Camera photo orientation problem: correct orientation is now written to EXIF.
- X: performance of GLES apps improved.
- Lower RAM consumption while capturing video.
- Phone-UI & Msg-UI always ready to appear.
- Application Manager UI speed improvements.
- Email faster with large mailboxes.
- Large file copy (SD->MMC) doesn’t degrade system performance.
- Route calculation and search performance improved.
- BT Secure Simple Pairing fixed for Windows Vista.
- BT transfer progress indicated.
- Improving WLAN connection stability.
- Improved WLAN negotiation when going out of reach of access point.
- Add voicemail shortcut support.
- Showing call forwarding correctly when busy forwarding is not set.
- Call log improved.
Audio & Video
- Audio volume control works with +/- keys in full-screen playback of flash.
- Handling corrupted ring tone files better.
- HW volume keys always have same orientation.
- Media Player UI now provides feedback when tapping control buttons in video playback.
- MIC input not clipped when loud voice in VoIP call.
- Pulseaudio: Ringtone is heard from the loudspeaker if BT connected.
- Ringtone played both to headset (BT or wired) and to internal HF speakers.
- AV sync fix for recorded videos.
- ISO EXIF value for images saved when automatic sensitivity in use.
- Vignetting test of 2nd camera fixed, VGA sensor stability.
Battery and Charging
- Improved charging in case of low charging power (PC USB charging).
- Fixing the USB detection and card mounting issue related to quickly attaching/detaching the cable.
- Able to format corrupted eMMC properly.
- Hang fixed in case of WLAN disconnection while copying files.
- Activesync supports now MS Exchange 2003.
- Activesync – fixes the forwarding of attachments showing incorrect sizes (Exchange server 2003).
- Content copier of PC Suite enabled. Whole content backup (including Notes) can now be restored from PCSuite.
3rd party applications
- Policy-settings: Fixes rotation transition in for 3rd party applications.
- Policy-settings: By default, 3rd party apps should have the same limits as our applications.
- Public API for color picker. Home widget is now translucent.
- Set/get alarms API.
- Syncing of task alarms supported.
- Thumbnailing faster.
- Rename Maemo Extras to maemo.org and enable by default.
- Grid view applied for the categories in download view. Added API for filtering packages.
- SDK content and tools updated.
- SDK GUI installer updated.
- New sharing-dialog-dev package added to enable Bluetooth and email sending.
Community reports fixed
Reports in http://bugs.maemo.org that have been fixed for PR1.1:
- “”About Flash Player”” contextual menu item treated as unrequested pop-up
- Focus not set to location bar after Ctrl-L shortcut is used
- Spacebar scrolls more than 1 page
- microb doesn’t trigger onchange
- Complete Browsing History on the N900 sometimes displays “”None””
- The menu item “”copy”” in the browser menu does not work
- OK button remains disabled in dialog for Integer settings in about:config
- Browser window checkerboards and repaints when navigated to from multi-task view
- Sometimes the browser window goes black for over a second after clicking the fullscreen/restore button
- Start and end times are changing when daylight saving time ends (begins)
- Incorrect entries in the Birthday Smart Calendar
- Changing to next week is very slow
- Smart birthday-widget doesn’t show up any birthdays or shows one on random
Chat & Call & SMS
- Phone app crashed as call ending
- Dialer does not accept SS (3GPP TS 22.030) dial strings
- Unclear how to open a contact (sender/receiver) of a conversation
- High latency between UI and SIP events being sent
- clicking on notification window fails for 2 or more messages when in Dashboard
- Skype does not allow entering DTMF tones
- skype: Call does not support DTMF tones
- Can’t send sms/chat to known contact from the Call list
- libnice violates Debian packaging policy for description of package “”libnice0″”
- Volume buttons should be swapped when using the phone in portrait mode.
- Call Log only displays contact name that called, not phone number
- Show wrong Contact for a SMS after a couple of days
- scrollbar instead of kinetic scrolling
- Chat window for jabber / xmpp is not always updated with new incoming messages
- Bluetooth DBUS UI dialogs – wrong args in the example code
- Button style in Bluetooth file receive applet is wrong
- Inconsistent keyboard behaviour when configuring a static ip address
- Drops WLAN connection to Linksys WRT610N after 10-15 minutes
- after failed pairing to bluetooth car kit bluetooth can’t be turned on
- Wrong settings for Orange (France) gprs
- udhcpc overriding default routes
- address book cannot import vcards from benq/siemens phones properly
- Contacts re-appear in list after disableing and re-enableing accounts
- No hint that it is impossible to paste an strings containing non-numeric characters into a phone number field
- Skype Support>Report problem leads to an error page
- N900 sometimes ignores USB data cable
- Publish sources of alarm framework
- Failed to build libosso-2.19 from Fremantle repo (ggc 4.3.2)
- wdgt_va_full_12h_time, wdgt_va_12h_hours should be replaced by wdgt_va_full_12h_time_am/wdgt_va_full_12h_time_pm and wdgt_va_12h_hours_am/wdgt_va_12h_hours_pm
- Easy to enter ~ ^ ‘ ` “” symbols with 3rd row of special character view
- “”More…”” applications launcher does’t allow scrolling
- Can’t easily align desktop widgets (snap to position) on home screens
- Allow keyboard input to jump to an entry in a list (“”type ahead””)
- No rubber-banding effect in the Main “”More…”” menu (task launcher)
- WiFi password shows up in auto-completion
- When applying a different theme, not all colors change in application manager
- libsdl: Task switcher area can be a dead area
- FN-lock and Ctrl+Backspace breaks input for used application
- Application Manager moves to background after start when quickly clicking
- Typing in newly opened window brings up contact search
- Race condition with hardware shift key
- Home view blurs on triple-tapping the launcher grid icon
- Hanging application menu requires system reboot
- Rotation in 42-11 is not as smooth as in 41-10 for some third party apps
- “”More…”” view is not sorted at all
- Add a (short shown) scroll bar in the status area window to indicate that there are more elements inside as actually shown
- Updating software removes desktop shortcuts
- AP News Widget causes Excessive CPU wakeups
- Contact widgets move to active desktop after merge
- Media Player widget suddenly starts music after Phone call ends
- Link to C code not working (not a link in fact) on Fremantle camera api dev page
- Package downloads should be retried when the http connection time-outs
- Link for osso_wlan documentation broken
- Video indexing failed in SDK (Tracker issue?)
- xkbdata: Inconsistency between installed packages in SDK and FW
- example source code not available in “Writing a new maemo application”
- e2fsprogs derivative packages not available?
- HildonTouchSelector example has wrong parameters in callback function
- URL for sharing plugin template missing
- Does not always mark e-mails as read (dovecot/cyrus/google IMAP server)
- Modest reports email username / password incorrect when it is correct
- Performance is unusable on IMAP accounts with a large number of messages in one or more folders (e.g. INBOX)
- When an IMAP account is selected, only refresh that account’s folders
- Locales not working correctly
- Deleting email should be more evident…
- Fix modest compilation warning
- Remove HildonDialog deprecated symbol
- Import conic support only if It’s available
- Remove Hildon 0.x conditional code
- Remove Hildon 1.x conditional code in Hildon2 version of modest
- Modest doesn’t take care of preferences for automatic update
- New email notification leads to blank email instead of email itself
- Double-tapping “”Inbox”” sometimes opens ‘empty’ Inbox
- nokia messaging doesn’t synchronize selected imap folders
- Long delays when opening emails – viewer window shows “”Updating””
Images and Camera
- When ISO sensitivity is set to automatic, ISO EXIF value in resulting image is 0
- Vertical photos from other devices should fill more space when shown in portrait.
- User-facing camera produces a left side dark vertical band
- Audio does not sync with video (and is ultimately unsyncable)
- Improve zooming
- Bluetooth GPS reconnect dialog refuses to go away after clicking “”No””
- USA localization displays distance in kilometers
- Can’t delete route waypoints in Map application
- Route Settings screen is not finger friendly
- Information on artist / track not updated in media player with internet radio
- Plays next radio station when current station cuts out / has playback issues
- flashing pixels around the lock button if media player is playing a video.
- Media player track search only matches the beginning of title/artist
- Viewing songs by “”Artists”” automatically scrolls to the end of the list
- N900 needs to be rebooted if media player fails to play video (h264dec)
- Volume in media player jumps when receiving emails, IMÂ´s or smsÂ´s
- Can’t change FM TX radio station name
- Xvid encoded videos unwatchable
Settings and Maintenance
- Streamlining user access to the Extras repository
- Should remember position in packages list after installing package
- Other Category appears twice
- Installing many packages at a time via App Manager exhausts rootfs space
- Artifacts (visual noise) when tapping screen in Screen Calibration
- docpurge is not aware of /opt
- Inconsistent layout on similar Sharing/VOIP applets
- Background image settings not restored
- Evernote uses to much space in root partition, should use /opt
- Volume slider doesn’t notice when you plug in headphones
- Currently active connection should be first in Connections list
- First Synchronization between N900 and Exchange 2003 Server always fails
- MfE spams screen with error messages when it cannot connect to the server
- MfE wont keep Exchange account updated
- Changing password on Exchange 2007 makes MfE go crazy
- Company Directory not present
- MfE is missing some CA cert symlinks on some devices (NuevaSync)
- Initial sync fails with exchange 2007
- getbootstate bricks the device after 17 reboots if there are no normal boots in between them
- Shaking device switches between landscape and portrait modes
- Charger not recognized when plugged in when in Touch & Key lock
- Low power/battery beep does not sound if you’re on a call
- Pin / lock code entry dialog reveals digits on backspace
- Alarm clock does not wake me up when battery has died.
- 3 Mobile SIM card rejected
- Call forwarding settings not being saved
- No pause before sending DTMF tones
- Change ‘TV uit’ (TV out) to ‘TV-uitgang’
- “?adowanie” used without distinction between “”charging”” and “”loading””
- addr_va_lastname has a comma that it shouldn’t have
- IP address field in WiFi advanced settings partially hidden (“”Recuperar automáticamente dirección IP”” string too long)
- Some sentences in the User Guide don’t make sense
- Wrong profile names in the User Guide
- Delete dialog text missing a space
- Polish string too long in UPnP browsing menu bar
- Wrong PO Box translation for CZ language
- Re-enable reset and/or reset-and-clear in osso-xterm
- “”Already at minimum / maximum font size.”” not translated
- File manager fails to show folder sizes beyond 999,9 MB